Hiring Committee members will hold all personal information in strict confidence. Information will be collected, stored, printed and distributed exclusively for hiring purposes.
Personal information will be used to:
- Screen applicants based on GPA (if applicable), course credit levels, and residential eligibility.
- Check applicants' campus conduct through the Office of Student Community Relations (OSCR) and the Centre for Sexual Violence Response, Support & Education
- Evaluate applicants based on cover letter, work/volunteer history, and responses to work/volunteer questions.
- Contact applicants for follow-up activities e.g. Carousel invitations, interview scheduling, communicating application status (phone, cell phone, email, residence & permanent address).
- Determine applicants’ interest in preference (major, college, residence, preferred residence).
- Check applicants’ references.
- Maintain an applicant database for consideration should Residence Life Staff vacancies arise.
For more information, see York University’s Information and Privacy Office
Privacy: Personal information in connection with this form is collected under the authority of The York University Act, 1965 and will be used for assessing your suitability for a Residence Life Staff position and related hiring purposes. If you have any questions about the collection of personal information by York University, please contact: Information and Privacy Office, York University, Ross N926, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON M3J 1P3, tel. 416-736-2100 ext. 40706.